We are searching for reliable, trustworthy Part-time morning shift Mall Safety Officer to join our team at River Hills Mall. Responsibilities include unlocking mall, performing regular patrols and observations, reporting irregularities, providing crowd control, answering queries, assisting customers and mall employees, and always maintaining order.
To be successful as a Mall Safety Officer, you should be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time and able to react appropriately in stressful conditions and have excellent customer service skills.
Mall Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Unlocking mall in AM, raising flags
- Foot & Vehicle Patrolling and monitoring premises to detect any irregularities, which may include suspicious behavior or security breaches.
- Keeping calm when alarms are triggered and escorting people to safety.
- Responding to calls for help and contacting the fire department, law enforcement, or medical if required.
- Assisting during emergencies, ensuring minimal injury to people and damage to property.
- Removing anyone who is not following mall code of conduct.
- Wearing security uniforms for high visibility.
- Following orders and working as part of a team to ensure the safety of mall employees and customers.
- Writing up daily reports.
- Undertaking all tasks with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
Mall Safety Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Open availability, possibly including weekends and holidays.
- Previous security experience would be preferred.
- Excellent observation skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of safety protocols.
- A valid driver’s license.